Monday, August 15, 2011

Orange Dhalias

This Monday morning I had to go out and paint in order to take my mind off the imminent departure of the little sweetheart we've looked after for almost two years. Just four more nights and this one she's staying overnight at her home.
Our neighbour has a Dhalia operation-cut flowers and he let me know last week which days there would be the most flower. Everything cooperated and the time flew by! This was the practise painting to get a feel for the subject matter and the light reflection this morning.

1 comment:

  1. Oh Marike, I am so sorry : (
    I cannot imagine going through that. What a beautiful home and love you've given... I'll be thinking of you and of your little one - my heart breaks just reading it. take care (and lovely piece)
    hugs,
    Kim

    ReplyDelete