Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Oak Tree in the Hedgerow

The soybeans have been harvested and the winter wheat seeded.  That made it easy to go out on the field with my cart and painting supplies, drive onto the field, park my easel and  try and give my impression of this beautiful oak, showing off it's fall colours!  First, had to go back and get my brushes.  Then, this gargantuan piece of equipment disturbed my reverie and came roaring up and down the field spraying, whatever, at an unbelievable clip.  Gathered my stuff together and made my way home.  My dear hubbie , later found  the little ledge to my easel flattened beyond redemption after I'd lost it and the monster had driven over it!
  The colours and the skies this fall are fantastic and I give thanks for the inspiring scenery.

No comments:

Post a Comment